Welcome to Summit K12!
Our RLA Mastery program prepares students for the new Reading/Language Arts STAAR that combines Revising and Editing Skills. Complete these easy steps in order to get started!
Log in to Summit K12
There are 3 main ways to access Summit K12:
1. Clever & Classlink SSO
If using Clever or Classlink on a laptop or Chromebook, log in and click on the Summit K12 app. This should automatically take you to your class on Summit K12.
2. Website Login
If your school does not log in through Clever or Classlink, log in through the Summit K12 website.
Username: School email address
Password: Student ID# (typically)
Ask your teacher for more help if needed!
If you use an iPad, make sure to use the Summit K12 App and NOT your Clever or Classlink apps. For more information, have your teacher or an adult view our iPad User Guide.
Access Your Class
After you sign in, you should see your RLA Mastery class. If you see multiple RLA Mastery classes, make sure you select the correct teacher's class and let them know that you're in more than one so they can fix it.
Find Your Assignments
1. Select one of the section icons to find the work your teacher has asked you to do.
2. Some sections contain other smaller sections under them. If smaller sections appear, select the one your teacher told you to do work in. If you are unsure how to find your assignment, please contact your teacher for more help.
3. Press the button to begin the assignment your teacher is asking you to do. Make sure the lock icon is . If the lock icon next to the assessment is , ask your teacher to unlock the assignment first. Then, refresh the page.
Take an Assessment (2nd grade- English II)
1. Select STAAR R/LA Practice Test.
2. The number of assessments may change based on your grade level, so your view may look different from the example below.
Press the button for the assessment your teacher is asking you to take. Make sure the lock icon is . If the lock icon next to the assessment is , ask your teacher to unlock the assessment first. Then, refresh the page.
3. Answer all of the questions the best you can and after completing the last question, click Finish Attempt.
You will now see a review screen for all your assessment questions.
Does it say "Answer saved" for each question?
- ❌ No - Click the blue question number to return to that question. Answer the question and click Finish Attempt again.
- ✅ Yes - Click Submit all and finish.
You will see a final Confirmation window pop-up. Read the statement. Click Cancel to go back to the question review. Click Submit all and Finish to turn in your assessment. Once you submit your answers, you can not go back and make any other changes.
You will now be able to see your graded assessment. You can look over your answers and see which questions had correct or incorrect answers. Click Finish at the bottom of the screen to exit.
This will bring you back to the STAAR R/LA section of your class. Here, you can find your assessment scores and find your Personalized Learning Plans (PLPs) below.
Access Your PLPs (2nd grade - English II)
After you complete an assessment, you will see your score and Personalized Learning Plan (PLP). The activities in your PLP were made to help improve your Reading/Language Arts skills and are based on how well you did on your assessments.
Click on the blue Start button to begin your PLP. Assignments in your PLP will automatically unlock one at a time, from left to right, top to bottom.
Continue working on your PLP until your teacher instructs you otherwise or until you take another assessment and another PLP is created for you.
You can always select the STAAR R/LA Practice Test icon to find your PLPs and scores.